The links below are either for data collections or pages like this one with links to more data. Quoted material is taken from the linked page, while the remaining remarks are my observations.
- Data and Story Library DASL (pronounced "dazzle") is an online library of datafiles and stories that illustrate the use of basic statistics methods. We hope to provide data from a wide variety of topics so that statistics teachers can find real-world examples that will be interesting to their students. Use DASL's powerful search engine to locate the story or datafile of interest.
- Journal of Statistics Education Data Archive Data sets with clear documentation and, for many, article citations of papers that analyzed the data.
- Statistics and Statistical Graphics Resources Maintained by Michael Friendly, Statistical Consulting Service and Psychology Department, York University, "This page provides an annotated, topic-based collection of available resources for statistics, statistical graphics, and computation related to research, data analysis and teaching, now containing over 580 links."
- "Fishing for Data using the NET" Homepage Designed by Leon L. Bourn and Stephen J. Turner, site maintenance and research by Julia N. Phinyawatana, has categorized links to multiple data sites.
- Statlib JASA Data Archive "The jasadata archive contains contributed datasets from articles published in the Journal of the American Statistical Association."
- Statlib Links to multiple data sets including above.
- EDINA® Edinburgh Data and Information Access "providing national online services for the UK tertiary education and research community. "
- Robin Lock's Homepage Good links to data sets and instructional resources.
- San Diego SourceBook Various data sets, usually in tabular form, some with graphical representations.
- Chance Data Sets Data sets "to help students understand issues that may not be found in a standard statistics text."
- UK National Statistics website "This site contains the latest comprehensive range of official UK statistics and information about statistics as well as providing free access to a selection of recently released publications in downloadable pdf format."
- Gallup National polling results.
- SADA "The South African Data Archive (SADA) serves as a broker between a range of data providers (e.g. statistical agencies, government departments, opinion and market research companies and academic institutions) and the research community. The archive does not only preserve data for future use, but also adds value to the collections. It safeguards datasets and related documentation and attempts to make it as easily accessible as possible for research and educational purposes."
- UCLA Statistics Dept Some data links.
- Sanders & Smidt Data sets from "A First Course in Statistics"
- Agriculture Statistics Of People's Republic Of China: 1949-1990 This dataset was provided by United States Department of Agriculture, with the original data coming from the State Statistics Bureau of P. R. China. The report compiles much of the important agricultural data that China's State Statistical Bureau (SSB) reported for 1949-90. A total of 297 variables are provided in 10 data groups, which include land use, population, labor force, gross value of agricultural output, agricultural investment, crop production, crop sown area, state procurement, livestock inventory and slaughter, animal product output, input production and use, costs of production, consumption of agricultural commodities, selected retail price indices and mixed average procurement prices for selected agricultural crops, and quantity and value of imports and exports of selected commodities. Data are aggregated at the national level and the provincial level where available.
- ERS Economic Research Service, US Dept of Agriculture. " ERS produces a range of data products available in different formats, including online databases, spreadsheets, and web files. You can search by topic, by title, or by date. All data products online are available at no charge
- Economic Time Series Page "Browse Data Collections Over 100,000 data files, with charts and excel files for each."
- NIPA National income and product accounts (NIPA) show the value and composition of the Nation's output and the distribution of incomes generated in its production. The accounts include estimates of gross domestic product(GDP) - the market value of the Nation' s output of goods and services - in current and real terms, GDP price measures, the goods and services that make up GDP in current and real terms, national income, personal income, and corporate profits. In addition, BEA produces specialized measures such as estimates of auto and truck output, GDP of corporate business, housing output, and business inventory and sales."
- Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) Link provided by Rebecca Adams.
- US Census Bureau A wee bit of data.
- PaSDC Pennsylvania State Data Center. "The PaSDC is the Commonwealth's official source of demographic and economic data."
- Statistical Abstract of the United States From the US Census Bureau, publications with data in pdf format.
- National Center for Education Statistics, Encyclopedia of Education Stats "The Encyclopedia of ED Stats brings together data from several NCES sources including: The Condition of Education, The Digest of Education Statistics, and Projections of Education Statistics. You will be able to find information in these compendiums by searching documents through their table of contents (see below), by subject area, and through full text and table title word searches."
- National Center for Education Statistic Quick Tables and Figures Search engine for many data sets.
- The Statistical Reference Datasets Project Developed by staff of the Statistical Engineering Division and the Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division within the Information Technology Laboratory of the National Institute of Standards and Technology. " The purpose of this project is to improve the accuracy of statistical software by providing reference datasets with certified computational results that enable the objective evaluation of statistical software."
- WDC The World Data Center for Marine Geology & Geophysics, Boulder. "promotes excellence in archiving, managing, and exchanging data obtained from measurements of the seafloor."
- EPA Databases and Software Links to EPA databases.
- NOAA Paleoclimatology Program " the NOAA Paleoclimatology Program at the National Geophysical Data Center, a central location for paleoclimate data, research, and education. NOAA Paleoclimatology helps the World share scientific data and information related to climate system variability and predictability."
- OTAG/AQA Data sets from the Air Quality Analysis workgroup of the Ozone Transport Assessment Group.
- U.S. Geological Survey A variety of geological data sets.
- AskC/Net U.S. Cancer Data
- WHO Statistical Information System (WHOSIS) Health and health-related statistical information from the WHO Global Programme on Evidence for Health Policy.
- CDC Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Data and Statistics
- National Center for Health Statistics U.S. Department Of Health And Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Data Library Service University of Toronto " The collections of the DLS consist of numeric, spatial and textual research data files, primarily but not exclusively in the social sciences. These files contain quantitative research data, including microdata, aggregate data and time-series databases."
- CESSDA Council Of European Social Science Data Archives. An amazing number of international data links--just click on the map. "Welcome to the CESSDA (Council of European Social Science DataArchives) home pages. CESSDA promotes the acquisition, archiving and distribution of electronic data for social science teaching and research in Europe. It encourages the exchange of data and technology and fosters the development of new organisations in sympathy with its aims. It associates and cooperates with other international organisations sharing similar objectives."
- UK Data Archive "The UK Data Archive is a specialist national resource containing the largest collection of accessible computer readable data in the social sciences and humanities in the United Kingdom. Through these web pages it is also possible to search the catalogues of other national archives for computer readable data and to use the services of the Data Archive to acquire these data on your behalf."
- NES "The mission of the National Election Studies (NES) is to produce high quality data on voting, public opinion, and political participation that serve the research needs of social scientists, teachers, students, policy makers and journalists concerned with the theoretical and empirical foundations ofmass politics in a democratic society."
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Occasional data sets.
- The Century Council "Funded by America's leading distillers," has some interesting data sets, including drunk driving fatalities (Wyoming was more than 3.5 % higher than any other state).
- The Bureau of Transportation Statistics, US DOT Links to data on transportation.